In today’s business environment, many organizations use technology in the hiring process. Technology helps facilitate the process by screening resumes and automating responses to applicants. It enables employers to advertise job opportunities to broad or specific audiences. Yet, “face-to-face communication is still by far the best way to connect with candidates,” according to a Dill (2014), a Forbes staff member, in “5 Ways to Improve Your Company’s Search for Talent.”
Overwhelmingly, one of the biggest concerns expressed by job seekers is the feeling that their resume “went into a black hole,” meaning they frequently receive no response from hiring firms. Their resumes may have been screened out of the process through the use of technology, or uninterested employers don’t bother responding to their applications. Regardless, receiving no response can have an adverse impact on a firm’s reputation.
What impression would your organization’s process have on potential candidates? Read the entire Forbes article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kathryndill/2014/10/08/5-ways-to-improve-your-companys-search-for-talent/
Contact us for help in improving your organization’s ability to hire the right staff.
Hiring the right employees is one of the most important aspects of running a successful business. How do you hire right? Join us from 9 am – 4 pm on Friday, October 17 at Northtown Mall in Blaine, MN for a light-hearted, yet candid, one-day workshop that uses a fun and interactive board game to teach the hiring process so that you will:
• Know how to effectively apply a comprehensive hiring process;
• Learn effective techniques for finding, screening, interviewing, and assessing candidates;
• Understand the legal issues associated with hiring;
• Have fun!
For $249, you will get a full-day workshop and:
• A process proven to be effective;
• Experience using photo “applicant” cards that puts you in the chair of a hiring manager;
• Exercises using realistic scenarios that illustrate the implications of decisions;
• Tools that serve multiple purposes, thus streamlining the process and generating required
• A glossary of legal terminology and definitions related to employment law;
• A comprehensive workbook with all the information from the workshop.
Register at http://www.right4yourbusiness.com/register-online.php
You can’t afford not to attend or hire the wrong people.